Last updated: 02-01-2021
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal information, you can send us an e-mail at email@example.com, or contact us by telephone at: 450-759-7979 or toll-free 1-800-363-2712.
1. Modification of this Policy
2. Your Consent
3. Collection and Use of Information
We collect personal information to provide you with our Services, to analyze your use of our Services or in connection with our marketing activities. Within our organization, only those individuals who need access to your personal information to perform their duties will have access to it. We collect the following types of personal information for the purposes listed below:
- Electronic Information and Information on Use. When you use our Services, certain information is collected automatically by our computer network. This includes the IP address, the type of device you are using, your operating system, the type of Internet browser you are using, your screen resolution, but also the time spent on specific pages, your language preferences, etc. This information does not allow Apron Fuel Services to identify you personally. This information may be used by Apron Fuel Services for statistical purposes, particularly to enable it to evaluate and analyze the frequency of access to its website and the traffic on the site.
- Communication and Contest Information. When you contact us, including through the “Contact” section on our website, or when you enter to any of our contests, we collect your first name, last name, e-mail address, telephone number, your communication preferences as well as any message content. This information is collected so that we can respond to your communications and requests, or to contact you as part of our contests.
- General Account Information. When you create an account with us, we collect your first name, last name, date of birth, address, e-mail address, telephone number, as well as your ownership or tenant status for the address specified. This information is collected to help us create and manage your account, which allows you to ask for quotes concerning our products and services, as well as to manage your orders on our website.
- Banking Information. When you open an account, we also collect the name of your financial institution, your transit number, your address, your account number, your employer’s name, your date of hire, your payment method and the monthly credit limit requested. This information is collected in order to help you submit bids to us and to allow us to make pre-authorized debits on your bank account or credit card when you purchase our goods and/or services.
Apron Fuel Services will not use any personal information collected in accordance with this policy or applicable legislation for purposes other than those stated above, unless we get your prior consent for that other specific purpose or in certain exceptional circumstances, where required by applicable law.
- Essential. Essential cookies are required to operate the main features of our website, including login, session identification, language and security cookies.
- Functional. Functional cookies are used to provide you with certain additional features and configurations as part of your use of our Services.
- Analytical. Analytical cookies are used to generate certain statistical data about traffic and the behaviour of people using our Services. For example, we can determine how much time users spend on average on a web page on our website, or measure the success of certain advertisements displayed on the Internet.
Marketing. Marketing cookies are used to display relevant advertisements based on your interests, which requires monitoring and analyzing user behaviour on different websites. For example, _fbp and fr are cookies installed by Facebook to help us publish targeted advertising content based on your interests.
5. Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, which is Google’s analysis tool to help us understand how visitors use our Services. This tool uses a set of cookies to collect information and generate statistics on the use of the site without allowing us to identify individual visitors.
In addition to site usage statistics, data collected by Google Analytics is used for remarketing purposes, including on other devices, through cookies such as Google Ads and Google Marketing. We provide more information on interest-based advertising in the next section.
6. Interest-Based Advertising
We use targeted cookies as part of our marketing strategy. This is called interest-based advertising. We use interest-based advertising only through our website and social media.
Interest-based advertising is also known as “targeted advertising,” “retargeting” or “behavioural advertising.” Re-targeting means that the ads offered to you are customized based on your behaviour when you browse online. This customization is possible through cookies, and requires the processing of electronic information.
For example, we may display interest-based ads when you use Facebook through a Facebook tool called the “Custom Audience Tool.” This tool allows us to customize our advertisements based on your behaviour. We do not share any of your personal information, including your behaviour, with Facebook. The tool allows us to convert your e-mail address to a unique number that Facebook uses to match the unique numbers it generates from its users’ e-mail addresses in real-time auctions.
We also use Google Remarketing and Google AdWords for interest-based advertising purposes, including re-targeting, which allows us to publish relevant ads to targeted people. It also helps us create segments based on the analyzes we have obtained, and then use them for remarketing campaigns on our Google Ads account. Google Ads uses a different cookie than Google Analytics. You can disable Google’s use of advertising cookies at any time by clicking here. Google Analytics also offers an audience remarketing feature. Google AdWords Remarketing keeps track of all our website users and tracks those users online to publish our ads.
If you are not satisfied with the above, you can manage your cookie preferences. Click here to go to the corresponding section of this notice.
7. Communication to Third Parties
We may also disclose your personal information in connection with a merger, sale, reorganization or business acquisition.
8. Information Storage, Security and Retention
We store your personal information in Canada. However, our service providers may process your personal information internationally, including the United States. Thus, in this context, your personal information may be subject to less stringent privacy rules than those applicable in Quebec and Canada.
We strive to implement administrative, organizational, physical, technical and technological security measures that are risk commensurate, taking into account such factors as the sensitivity of the personal information we collect. However, it is important to understand that we cannot guarantee the security of personal information on the Internet, and that you must also take precautions, such as not sharing your passwords with anyone.
We retain personal information for as long as necessary to provide you with our Services, to carry out our marketing campaigns effectively, or as required by applicable laws, whichever is longer. We use both persistent cookies and session cookies. Session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser, while persistent cookies remain active on your device for a period of time. For example, Google Analytics cookies remain installed on your device for 2 years. This allows Google Analytics to follow you for analysis and marketing purposes, and to provide us with aggregate data on your behaviour.
9. Your Choice Concerning Cookies
You may at any time manage and disable cookies by changing your browser configuration, but this may deny you access to certain parts of our Services. Depending on the browser you are using, different instructions apply. Click on your browser for more information on this topic:
10. Your Rights Concerning your Personal Information
You generally have the right to access the personal information we hold about you, and to have it corrected if it is inaccurate, in certain circumstances.
If you wish to exercise your rights, you can contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days. If we are unable to accept your request, we will provide you with the reasons.
Note that the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada has prepared this FAQ to help you access your personal information when it is held by a business. You can also contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada Information Centre at:
Toll Free: 1-800-282-1376
9:00 am to 4:00 pm (Eastern time)
Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada
30 Victoria Street
If you have a problem with how we collect, use or disclose your personal information, or with how we have responded to your access or rectification request, please let us know at: email@example.com. We will do our best to improve our processes so that this does not happen again. We will also provide you with additional information about our practices if you wish.
If you are still not satisfied, you can file a complaint with the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada or your local privacy protection regulator.